Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Drinking….and I don't mean water!



      So many people want to commit to losing weight and getting healthy, but don't want to stop or scale back the bad habits that we have. When your ready you will want to cut back….. so until that happens yo yo dieting or giving up will most likely happen sorry to say. I know that sounds harsh but its the truth. If you don't care well then thats fine but if you want it then you need to be committed to change your lifestyle in order to get healthy. Its a saying I hear all the time, "you won't get where you want by doing what you have done", thats the truth!

      Touching base on just one topic today. DRINKING….and no I don't mean water. I have talked to I can't even count how many people about healthy habits, them committing, helping as much as I can and a huge concern most have is consuming alcohol. Many ask "can I still drink and lose weight" and while the answer is kinda of yes its always isn't the right mindset to be in. I am by no means a non drinker, I love drinking wine, I occasionally will have a micro brew beer and I stopped drinking a lot of mixed drinks when I stopped drinking soda. Many of you are social drinkers, still in the "party" phase or for other reasons drink in excess. I am no one to judge because I as well as many others have had my share of those nights/days/weekends etc. When you want a certain goal to get healthy one things that needs to happen is changing those habits as well. Drinking in excess every weekend isn't on that path. Having a drink or two well then thats a better choice! I love my wine with dinner and I drink it when I'm not training, if I feel like beer I have one or two but keep it to that, and while I loved Malibu and Sprite I don't do soda anymore! I made choice when I decided to get healthy that if I'm committed I'm doing it all the way! We all will slip up, there are occasions out there that everyone likes to over celebrate and thats fine but like I said 3 nights a week will not help you achieve your goals. If your working on it in baby steps here are a few ideas that may help you drink less or make better choices.
-Drink less on weekends (less drinks each night, one less night a week)
-Drink mixed drinks with water, not soda or juice
-Choose wine instead of mixed sugar drinks and shots
-Choose a lighter beer and drink less
-Drink less shots
-Choose to make each week better and work on you self control

Again I love my drinks, however I just choose when I want to celebrate and know when to stop because my commitment to healthy living and my family is more important then the fun in the moment drinking, its amazing what you can appreciate when your sober!

No comments:

Post a Comment